Charities are an important part of the marketing campaign for the CFC. The more charities that promote the campaign to their stakeholders, the more funds the campaign will raise.
This year’s campaign theme honors the millions of federal employees who are genuine philanthropists, donating more than $7 billion through the CFC to support their community over the past fifty years.
We encourage you to use the theme of “Show Some Love” in all your marketing plans. If you are using social media, please include our campaign hashtag, #CFCNCA.
Below are some ideas for promoting the Combined Federal Campaign to your stakeholders:
- Make sure your 5-digit CFC number is on all your printed materials and prominently displayed on your website.
- During the campaign, ask your supporters who are federal employees to designate your charity through the Combined Federal Campaign.
- Encourage your supporters to ask their friends, colleagues, neighbors, and family members who are federal employees to designate your charity in the CFC.
- Utilize social media, including Facebook and Twitter, to promote designations to your charity through the CFC. Be sure to include your 5-digit code and the hashtag #CFCNCA.
- Piggy-back on the CFC marketing materials which you can find under Marketing Resources for Campaign Workers.
- Use the theme “Show Some Love” in your promotional efforts. For example, you could include something on your home page or in an e-newsletter that says, “[Charity Name] makes it possible to help [charity’s mission]. You can make it possible, too, by designating us through the CFC. Our designation number is [5-digit CFC number].”
And, of course, sincerely thank your CFC donors for their designated contributions.